Tuesday 10 September 2019

Planning for the Holidays


It’s never too early to plan for holidays weeks ahead of their arrival. I mean, everyone seems to agree with that when putting out decorations for holidays, right?


Well, Halloween is no different when it comes to decorations. While September marks the beginning of fall and harvest season, I don’t quite see many Halloween decorations up until October’s start. I find this a bit silly, especially since a lot of people start putting up their winter holiday decor after Halloween (which is two months until winter holidays). Why can’t people do the same when it comes to Halloween in September?

The same goes for stocking up on your Halloween candy boxes and bags to hand out come October 31st. Myself, I like to grab what I can a month or more in advance. It seems when Halloween comes around, the stores become crazed with shoppers frantic to get any little thing they can get their hands on before supplies run out. I’m not about that, especially if it means stressing me out more than is needed.


But doing it a month in advance seems to solve the problem most of the time, and that rings true for anything. Holiday gift shopping? Uh, yeah, best to do that months in advance. As everyone knows, the longer you put it off, the more stressed out you’ll make yourself (and the less chance of you actually securing the items you want to gift to someone else).

It’s best to treat your candy boxes and spooky decorations the same as you would the winter holidays, and that means purchasing and decorating over a month in advance. Some people are afraid to go out on a limb and be the first one in their neighborhood to begin decorating or have supplies stocked and ready in their home, but I promise you that it’ll make you feel ten times better knowing you tackled the things you need to do now opposed to waiting until the week of.

I always feel much more in control when I have everything done and ready in advance, if only because I feel on top of my game and leave myself no reason to stress. Half the battle of actually doing something is planning it out beforehand. Once that part is done, doing it is a breeze.

Take the stress out of your holiday season these next few months and get to work on the things you need now rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment